Music Industry News Network [05-19-2004]
Peer To Peer File Sharing Leader Lime Wire LLC Announces New Version Of LimeWire 4.0
Lime Wire LLC, (www.limewire.com), the leading designer and developer of advanced P2P file sharing software, today announced the release of LimeWire 4.0, a superior new file sharing application that offers users faster and more successful downloads, improved searches for rare content, and a sleek new interface. LimeWire 4.0 includes a guarantee that users will get no bundled software when they download this new version, and as always, Lime Wire continues its tradition of not utilizing spyware (software which collect personal information that can be used in market research). LimeWire 4.0 will be available to PRO customers and available for free download on May 18 from www.limewire.com.
|MusicDish Network Sponsor|
"One of the biggest challenges in a file sharing network is in the ability to locate rare content when a user searches for it," said Chief Operating Officer Greg Bildson. "LimeWire 4.0 does a great job of this with a powerful search engine under the hood. If it's out there, LimeWire 4.0 will find it and with download innovations a user will get the file faster than anywhere else." Bildson adds, "Users have asked for a guarantee that when they download software, it will not be bundled with anything they haven't asked for. We have responded to this request. LimeWire 4.0 is completely free of bundling or spyware."
LimeWire 4.0 runs on the world's most popular operating systems including Windows, Mac and Linux and can be utilized by the entire Internet community. In addition to the features available in the popular version 3.8.10, LimeWire 4.0 also offers users the following:
1) Better search results. Each search shows at least five times as many results as previously.
2) "What's New?" feature. Users can browse the network for the most recent content additions.
3) Search drill down results. Searches in LimeWire now immediately display the artists, albums and other information that fully describes files.
4) Faster connections on start up.
5) Proxy support. Users can now use web proxies to route their downloads to protect their identity.
6) A new search progress bar in each search tab that indicates the percentage of completion of a search.
7) Detection. When the Internet connection is down or a firewall is blocking access to the Internet, Lime Wire will inform the user.
8) Support for International searches and International groups. Users can now search in any language, and LimeWire ensures that a user will be connected to other users with their own language to aide international users to receive search results in their native language and to find content from sources that are close to home.
9) Improved downloads. By excluding the bad file sources, we rapidly make use of all the good sources for faster and more reliable downloads.
10) Many additional changes and improvements offer users the most powerful, enjoyable file sharing experience available.
"LimeWire is the most up to date file sharing technology available today," says Bildson. "Rather than doing a mediocre job of implementing everything, we focused on doing a great job with our network. I challenge file sharers to try us for themselves and see why we're better."
Copyright © 1997-2018 MusicDish LLC, all rights reserved. Text, graphics, and HTML code are protected by US and International Copyright Laws, and may not be copied, reprinted, published, translated, hosted, or otherwise distributed by any means without explicit permission.