|HOME | FREE NEWS SUBMISSION | PREMIUM PR DISTRIBUTION | PR COPYWRITING | RSS FEEDS | TESTIMONIALS | CONTACT|
Music Releases |
|Advertise | Artist Development | Submit Video | MusicDish*China | MusicDish e-Journal | MusicDish Network | Urban Music News Network|
NARIP Workshop: "The Record Business In The 21st Century: Money, Success & Careers"
Beverly Garland Hotel (Beverly Garland Theater)
4222 Vineland Avenue, Studio City, CA 91604
Tess Taylor delivers her popular lecture and conducts a workshop on finding and networking your way to your dream job and to success in the record business.
The focus of our February workshop will be HOW-TO'S AND IMPORTANCE OF EFFECTIVE SELF-MARKETING. You can't afford to leave anything to chance in today's competitive job market. Join us at our next workshop, see techniques demonstrated and learn how to give yourself the edge you need.
The second hour of the workshop will focus on effective resume construction with samples. Be sure to bring your resume for a critique and upgrade. Other topics to be discussed include:
· Hiring trends and where to find the best jobs
· Strategies music industry employers use to find qualified candidates
· Interview, resume and cover letter tips
· The art of follow-up: techniques to get you hired
· Your assets n self-assessment and knowing your unique value
· The brand of you, and setting yourself apart from the madding crowd
· Targeting specific individuals for employment opportunities
· Your marketing tools
· Escaping the rat race n building a career that suits you and your lifestyle · Social and business etiquette
· Overcoming intimidation and your fear of strangers
· Critiques of sample resumes
· Writing resumes that get call-backs
· Beyond contacts* friends
· The record business future n and your future in it
Techniques for marketing yourself effectively for the position you seek will be demonstrated. TESS TAYLOR, noted author, broadcaster, editor, instructor and lecturer, has helped connect countless people to music industry jobs through her lectures at the Harvard Business School, Caltech / MIT, UCLA, Berklee College of Music and many other institutions nationwide.