MusicDish Network Headlines | Search News | Submit Your News | RSS
Songs for Blake Out Now
05-18-2014 | Music Releases
Melbourne, Australia – May 13th, 2014 - Independent Melbourne Label, YakMusic Records, is thrilled to announce the release of “Songs for Blake – Embracing Autism”, a digital fundraising compilation which is now available via online stores iTunes and Bandcamp.
Over a year in the making, “Songs for Blake” is the brainchild of Mark Davis, whose youngest son Blake was a given a preliminary diagnosis of Autism (or ASD - Autism Spectrum Disorder) in February 2013, at the age of 2 years and 7 months. In August 2013, Blake’s final diagnosis was that he showed “severe symptoms of ASD.”
In April 2013, Mark began approaching various artists from the USA, Canada, UK, New Zealand, and Australia, asking if they’d be willing to contribute their own songs to help raise funds for Blake to support his ongoing early intervention programme. Blake’s treatment includes ongoing intensive therapy relating to speech, occupation, and behaviour, that will help him develop skills that are so important in life; in particular, his communication and socialisation skills.
“With what started as just an idea has turned into one of the most fulfilling projects I’ve ever been involved with,” Mr Davis stated. “I’m simply over the moon at the bands we’ve managed to get on this album.”
“Some of the artists are musical heroes of mine that I’ve enjoyed listening to since I was a teenager, while others are close friends and old work colleagues that I’ve had the pleasure of knowing over the years” Mark added. “It’s quite a remarkable how it’s all come together.”
A small percentage of the proceeds will also be donated annually to a number of handpicked Autism organisations worldwide.
Songs for Blake – Embracing Autism is a double-disc album, labelled Side A and Side B, that will be sold as one compilation. It comprises of various genres of music, ranging from Alternative Rock to Acoustic Folk and Electronic.
Songs for Blake features the amazing talents of:
● Seattle Soul / Funk / Alternative multi-instrumentalist Shawn Smith
● Alternative Pop Rockers sElf
● Canadian Rock giants Monster Truck
● New Zealand born (now LA based) singer-songwriter multi-instrumentalist Ladyhawke
● Blind Melon front man Travis T Warren
● US Alt-Rock internet “Supergroup” Digital Noise Academy
● New Zealand born (now Norway based) R&B / Soul Beats Digital Dub singer / songwriter / producer Adi Dick
● Minneapolis Indie Grind Blues outfit La Madness
● London UK’s Alt-Rock band Black Orchid Empire
● Kiwi Progressive Indie Rock icons The Phoenix Foundation
● Melbourne bands Son of Rico, Greenthief, Woodlock, The Dead Elected
and many many more!
Songs for Blake – Embracing Autism was mastered by STL Audio in Wellington, New Zealand.
The full tracklisting is as follows:
01. Monster Truck - Sweet Mountain River
02. Digital Noise Academy - Stop Running
03. Ladyhawke - Danny & Jenny
04. sElf - Stranger than Strange
05. Sons of Rico - In My Eyes
06. Greenthief - Black Wine
07. So So Modern - Transpacific Express
08. Shinobi Ninja - Rusty Stab
09. Radio Free Universe – Happy
10. La Madness - The Break
11. The Mark Inside - Shark Attack (I Can See Them Circling)
12. The Dead Elected - When I was a Boy
13. July Fighter - Groove Horizon
14. Shawn Smith - Standing In Your Power
15. Woodlock – Lemons
16. Travis T Warren - Salvage All That Remains
17. The Phoenix Foundation - Wave Machine
18. Adi Dick - Lonely Traveller
19. East Road - Warm July Sun
20. The Seaport & the Airport - And The Days That Follow These Ones
21. Haarlo – Dreamlands
22. Black Orchid Empire – Melancholia
23. Marcus Meston - We Need Time
24. Grayson Gilmour - In a Former Life I Worshipped the Sun
Show your support for a great cause by purchasing a copy of the album now!
Follow and Share “Songs for Blake” for future updates!
Copyright © 2017 MusicDish, LLC,
all rights reserved. All pictures, logos, and articles are registered ® and
copyrighted © to their respective owners. Text, graphics, and HTML code are
protected by US and International Copyright Laws, and may not be copied,
reprinted, published, translated, hosted, or otherwise distributed by any means
without explicit permission.