New York, NY, October 12, 2018 – Seven artists under global distribution, label services, and rights management company ONErpm have been nominated for 14 individual titles in over a dozen categories for the 2018 Latin GRAMMY® Awards, including three in the Best New Artist category: Angela Aguilar, Nana Mendoza, and Anaadi. The awards will take place on November 15, and will be broadcast live from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on the Univision Network from 8–11 p.m. ET (5–8 p.m. PT).
ONErpm’s artists were nominated in the following categories:
- Record of the Year: Anaadi’s "É Fake (Homem Barato)"
- Best New Artist: Angela Aguilar, Nana Mendoza, and Anaadi
- Best Contemporary Pop Vocal Album: Nana Mendoza’s “Miradas”
- Best Rock Album: Él Mató A Un Policía Motorizado’s “La Síntesis O’Konor”
- Best Rock Song: Él Mató A Un Policía Motorizado’s “Ahora Imagino Cosas”
- Best Folk Album: María Mulata’s “Idas Y Vueltas”
- Best Ranchero/Mariachi Album: Angela Aguilar’s “Primero Soy Mexicano”
- Best Tejano Album: Proyecto Insomnio’s “Dolce Inferno: Dolce”
- Best Portuguese Language Contemporary Pop Album: Anaadi’s “Noturno” and Xenia França’s “Xenia”
- Best Portuguese Language Song: Xenia’s “Para Que Me Chamas?”
- Best Engineered Album: Anaadi’s “Noturno”
“It’s wonderful to once again have so many of our artists nominated to the Latin GRAMMYs,” CEO and Founder of ONErpm Emmanuel Zunz said. “These artists inspire all of us at ONErpm to do our very best and continue to develop innovative business solutions for all creators in the digital age.”
Two ONErpm artists received awards at the 2017 Latin GRAMMYs: Nando Reis’ “Jardim-Pomar” won Best Portuguese Language Rock or Alternative Album, and Café Tacvba’s “Jei Beibi” won Best Alternative Music Album. The Latin GRAMMYs were established in 2000 by the Latin Recording Academy to acknowledge musical works recorded in the Spanish and Portuguese language. Akin to its namesake, the Latin GRAMMYs nominate and vote through a panel of Latin music experts that are accomplished within their fields. More information about the event is online at www.latingrammy.com.
ONErpm is a redefining force in the new music economy and one of today’s fastest growing music companies in the global marketplace. Home to over 2,500 YouTube channels that collectively generate over 7 billion views a month, ONErpm is one of the world’s largest YouTube Multi Channel Networks (MCN) specializing in music. With offices and studios in New York City, Nashville, Miami, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Rio de Janeiro, Buenos Aires, Bogota, and Mexico City, ONErpm occupies a unique space between traditional record label and distribution company, leveraging proprietary technology, marketing, analytics, and localized support to deliver business solutions to over 100,000 artists, music labels, and video creators worldwide. For more information, visit www.onerpm.com.
Laurie Jakobsen, Jaybird Communications, 646-484-6764, email@example.com
Bill Greenwood, Jaybird Communications, 609-221-2374, firstname.lastname@example.org
Print This Press Release